Shahid Kapoor says he used take two-hour showers during Kabir Singh after smoking two packs of cigarettes: “I don’t want my child to even smell nicotine”

Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor, who shot to fame with his debut in Ishq Vishq, has come a long way since his romantic comedy days. The actor has managed to balance between art house movies, masala entertainers and romances. However, it was Kabir Singh that made him reach newer heights. But for the role, he had to smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and take double showers to spend time with his daughter Misha.

Shahid Kapoor and his wife Mira Rajput welcomed their first child in 2015. With their daughter Misha, the actor was particular about certain things which included smoking. However, shooting for Kabir Singh required him to smoke a lot of cigarettes. While he would smoke on and off, by the time the film was released and their second child Zain was born, he had quit smoking.

“I used to take a shower in my van before I got out of set. Because I used to smoke two packets of cigarettes a day! I was smelling of nicotine and I had just had my first baby and so I was in that fatherly mode. And I was like, ‘I don’t want my child to even smell nicotine,'” Shahid said in an interview with Film Companion.

On the work front, Shahid Kapoor has three films lined up in his pipeline. He will next be seen in a sci-fi romance with Kriti Sanon, Aditya Nimbalkar’s Bull, and a remake of the 1964 film Woh Kaun Thi?. ALSO READ: Shahid Kapoor reveals he fought to wear glasses in Jab We Met: “Hero glasses thodi pehenta hai?”



Comments