Karan Johar remembers his father Yash Johar on his 20th death anniversary; shares emotional note saying, “My biggest fear was losing a parent”

Karan Johar shares a deep bond with his parents, and he has often spoken up about it on multiple occasions. As his father and popular producer Yash Johar passed away on June 26, twenty years ago, the son reminisced his memories with him and opened up about the time when he informed the latter about his tumor. In the same note, the filmmaker-producer also described the immense goodwill and love that the late Yash Johar has left behind as a legacy for him.

Karan Johar shares note which he dedicated to his late father

Karan shared several fond memories from the media archive which includes Yash Johar holding a filmmaker trophy, Yash and Hiroo Johar’s adorable photo, a pic from Karan’s childhood, an iconic photo of Yash Chopra and Johar together, one with Amitabh Bachchan, one with the late Sridevi, one with the late Raj Kapoor, among others. And he continued to pour his heart in the emotional caption, wherein he said, “I can’t believe it’s been 20 years…….. My biggest fear was losing a parent… August 2nd,2003 my father told me he had a malignant tumour… my worst nightmare was staring at me and yet it was my duty as his child to stay positive and keep the faith… but the worst thing about instincts are that….they never lie…. “

He added, “He left us 10 months after …. We lost him … but we gained every inch of his mammoth goodwill…. I was so proud to be the son of the most solid,soulful and selfless man… he put his relationships above everything else… and has left a legacy of love that my mother and I still live by …. I wish he knew our children … but I do know he’s watching over them and us….all the time … Love you Papa… <3”.

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Karan Johar (@karanjohar)

Karan Johar too is a doting father

The filmmaker-producer, who is currently the Head Honcho of Dharma Productions, is also a father of twins, Roohi and Yash Johar, who were born via surrogacy. He often shares his happiness about being a dad and has posted several notes and memories with his twin kids. He is also often seen attending events and school functions as a proud and present parent.

Also Read: Karan Johar reveals the reason behind giving Koffee With Karan a skip in 2024; calls Season 8 rapid fire a ‘snooze alert’



Comments