Yuvraj Menda opens up about being gay: “I haven’t felt like it has been a hindrance”

At just 20, Yuvraj Menda is juggling his studies abroad while navigating his budding acting career. Following his debut in The Archies, Menda is enthusiastic about his future in the industry.

Embracing Pride Month

When asked about his experience as an openly gay actor during Pride Month, Menda shares, "Life has been great. I am auditioning, so hopefully, I will be acting more. Luckily, I got to work with Zoya Akhtar, and it was as normal an experience as it would be for anyone. And that’s how it should be, that’s what the community wants the world to strive towards."

Coming out and support system

Menda came out to his family and friends when he was around 13 or 14. He attributed his ability to be open about his sexuality to their support. "I told my friends first, then I told my family. Touchwood, I attribute my ability to be candid about my sexuality to them," he adds.

Impact on career opportunities

Regarding whether his sexuality has been a barrier in his career, Menda quips, "I can only speak for myself. I haven’t felt like it has been a hindrance. Luckily, I haven’t come across people who view it as that. I am grateful we are at a stage where we don’t see it as that."

Balancing studies and acting

Despite the demands of his acting career, Menda prioritizes his education. "If I have to give a certain audition, I can do that sitting in university as well. My friends help me with dialogues and scenes," he concludes.

Also Read: Bollywood Hungama OTT India Fest Day 2 EXCLUSIVE: Yuvraj Menda on ‘Sunoh’ from The Archies, “I was shocked on how accurate the song is to the world of The Archies”



Comments