Dil Se turns 26: Manisha Koirala REVEALS why she and Shah Rukh Khan never reunited after Mani Ratnam directorial; says, “Heroes decide whom they want to work with”

As the 1998 Bollywood film Dil Se celebrates its 26th anniversary, fans of the iconic movie are once again reminded of its storytelling, memorable soundtrack, and the unforgettable on-screen pairing of Shah Rukh Khan and Manisha Koirala. Despite the film’s critical success and enduring legacy, the duo never reunited for another project. In a recent interview with Zoom, Manisha Koirala finally addressed the reason behind not reuniting with SRK. 

Manisha Koirala Opens Up: ‘Heroes Decide Whom They Want to Work With’ During her candid conversation, Koirala revealed a lesser-known fact: after Dil Se, she and Shah Rukh Khan did work on another film called Guddu. However, the movie did not achieve the same level of recognition. Reflecting on the dynamics of the film industry, Koirala shared, “In this industry, the heroes decide whom they want to work with, not the heroines.”  Glimpse Into Manisha Koirala’s Experiences in Bollywood In the same interview, Manisha Koirala also recounted some of her early experiences in the industry that shaped her career. One such incident involved a renowned photographer who asked her to pose in a two-piece bikini. Recalling the encounter, Koirala said, “Very early on in my career, I was asked to go and take photographs with a very famous photographer. I went with my mom, and initially, that photographer said things like, ‘You are the next superstar.’ But then he brought out a two-piece bikini and asked me to wear it. I told him, ‘Sir, I wear this when I go to the beach or for a swim, but if this is the way I have to get into the movies, I don't want it, and I am not wearing that.’”

Koirala stood her ground and insisted on being photographed fully clothed, which resulted in the photographer delivering a dramatic response: "He said, ‘Jo mitti pighalne se sharmati ho uske murti kaise banaye (The clay that refuses to melt, how do I make a statue from it).'”

Speaking of the professional front, Manisha was recently seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Heeramandi, a Netflix original show. It has been renewed for a second season. 

Also Read: Manisha Koirala shares a sweet note after meeting Heeramandi co-star Richa Chadha and her husband Ali Fazal



Comments