Bigg Boss OTT 3 event: Anil Kapoor talks about the joy of “unscripted” press conferences; also says, “Salman Khan was MORE than happy than I was when I informed him that I am doing Bigg Boss OTT; he said, ‘Agar kuch gadbad ho gayi, toh mujhe bol dena”

Anil Kapoor was in a great mood at the press conference of Bigg Boss OTT 3 and entertained journalists with his replies and antics. As expected, the veteran star was compared with superstar Salman Khan who has been the face of Bigg Boss and the host of several of its seasons for many years. At the very beginning, Anil Kapoor made it clear as he said, “Salman ko koi replace nahin kar sakta.” Later, he once again talked about Salman.

During the question and answer round with the media, Anil Kapoor was asked whether he asked for tips from Salman Khan. Anil replied, “Main sunta hoon sabki par karta hoon apni. I listen to everybody but I do what I feel is right.”

He continued, “But Salman Khan was more than happy than I was when I informed him that I am doing Bigg Boss OTT. He was quite excited for me. He told me, ‘Dekh, sabko sambhalna. Koi nahin sambhlega toh tu theek kar dena. Waise bhi tu mere se young lagta hai! Aur agar kuch gadbad ho gayi, toh mujhe bol dena. Hum dono milkar theek kar denge!”

Sometime later, the anchor of the evening, Munawar Faruqui, told the media that only one question would be entertained. Anil Kapoor, however, loved the questions by the media and encouraged them to ask more. He remarked, “Abhi toh garam ho raha hai yeh press conference. Pehle toh scripted chal raha tha. Abhi toh unscripted hai. Aur jo unscripted mein maza hai, woh scripted mein nahin hai!” The audience broke into applause as Anil added, “Aaj jo puchna hai, puchiye mujhse! I’ll decide when the last question will be asked. Host hoon main.”

One more journalist also asked about Salman. When Anil asked her to introduce herself, she replied that her name was Upma. At this, Anil excitedly stated, “I love upma. It’s a snack that is sold at reasonable prices. (During my struggling days), I used to have idli, dosa and if I had more money, I would eat upma.” He then replied to her question, “I said at the very start that he’s irreplaceable. So am I (smiles)!”

Finally, a journalist asked Anil whether he was scared of being trolled, especially by Salman Khan. Anil said, “Kar do (troll). Kya fark padta hai?”

He emphasized, “Trolling is a part of life now. It’s a part of social media. You have to face it. I have taken risks and done unconventional work. I have worked with some of the biggest artists in the world. Imagine the pressure on me. But I worked dedicatedly and with full honesty. Thankfully, most of them got a positive response. Some of them didn’t work. But I moved on. Aise hi nahin baitha hoon yahaan 45 saal se. Kuch toh theek kiya hai maine!”

Also Read: Anil Kapoor BREAKS SILENCE on being replaced in No Entry 2 and Welcome 3: “What is the reason I don’t know”



Comments